Blog recipe task
I chose to follow the Easy cheesy eggy bread recipe from Pump house environment centre for that exact reason, it is easy and simple and the sort of thing a child or any other person could eat as an every day meal. I feel that because the ingredients are easily accessible at all times of year, the recipe is appropriate in regards to supporting cooking with locally sourced ingredients as there wouldn't ever be a need to get these ingredients from anywhere other than the local area. To prove this theory I obtained all the ingredients in this manner by visiting farm shops that are on my route to and from university, and the chives, from my own veg/herb patch. (I grow my own carrots, chives, basil, tomatoes, strawberries, gooseberries, etc) Also, in a lot of farm shops ingredients like this are much better value and also, somehow just seem to taste better... I would say that this meal served as above would cost less than 80 pence. In addition it only takes about ten minutes to make which is even more reason to make this dish a family favourite!
To satisfy my own taste, next time I would probably add more salt and pepper, and also use white bread as the multigrain option distracted a little from the taste of the egg. However, multigrain bread is better for you so always best to try that option first. It also adds more texture.

No comments:
Post a Comment