Here is a recording of a little chat I had with my friends daughter. She is ten years old so I felt it may be useful to get her opinion on my work so far. We had an extensive conversation about my use of colour, illustrative style, added feature concepts and the recipe in general. I didn't record the whole conversation just so she didn't feel awkward at all. However I got some really useful opinions and some notable points are as follows:
- She loved the use of colour, the range of pastel yet bright and flat colours. She described them as pretty but boys and girls could both like them. Her favourite was the pale green.
- She enjoyed my choices of typography and had no problem at all reading them. Her favourite was the "munch munch" which is a hand written font.
- She found the recipe a little boring as standard. But when i asked her "what if you could add your own secret ingredients after you had tasted it" she replied explaining that she would find that fun and maybe she could add cheese as this was her favourite topping. We tried that and she ate it all and asked for more even with the smelly little fish!
- She encouraged my use of characters and found the notion of googgly eyes very amusing, she introduced me to a really fun little animation called "ooglies" which actually seems very similar to what i was going for initially.
No comments:
Post a Comment