Saturday, 5 April 2014

Main brief: Development

Spread initial concepts:


With this spread concept I intend on having a step by step instruction and photo, underneath these panels, they could lift up or down. This would make the book more interactive. In addition if this design was taken into a digital format i have played with the idea of these areas being touch responsive. Perhaps a spatula could come in and "flip" the panels to reveal the instructions and images underneath. Or the panel could flip and zoom to make the instructions more legible.
I have also considered the Idea of having a flap on either side of the A3 spread, that effectively closed in and covered the whole thing, like a menu in a restaurant. I could have something more colourful on the exterior.
Things I would like to incorporate or change etc:

  • Im not sure if the spread concept is too much of one colour for children. Although the flaps would reveal more colourful photographs.
  • Im considering on improving the layout and scale of the panels.
  • I think circles would look better as they would reflect the image on the cover as well as the local food lunches logo. Also a circle implies a sense of looking through or into something.

No comments:

Post a Comment