Saturday, 5 April 2014

Main brief: Thoughts so far

My thoughts so far, and what I would like to do next:

Thinking back to the session where we studied extra features in books and the way in which they were laid out, I remember being particularly drawn to a book which was really quite random inside with no real generic concept running throughout. I am quite tempted to try this style out as I feel a bit bored of repeating the same style from the cover.
Some ideas on this:

  • Chopping board backgrounds, could be different shades or have a logo on the board for different seasons.
  • page backgrounds being coloured depending on season
  • tags and secret books to add tweaks to recipes ( something i had considered previously but would like to pay more attention to)
  • embossed text on the inner pages
  • More circular motifs and panels
  • increasing the page space even more with the flaps
  • A "Local food lunches and "Little Green Trees" Apron that comes with the book
  • A spoon lock 
One thing i have noticed in my development process is that photographs do not seem to make good backgrounds, the text becomes very hard to read. I am going to take another look at some strong examples of cookery books for the age range for new inspiration. 




No comments:

Post a Comment