I am interested in the idea of extendable pages. This would allow greater space to work with and create an interactive spread for children. I have divided the page out into the standard A3 or 2xA4 layout which is essentially the two centre sections. The space on either side which i have made purposely uneven would be a flap or pull out section. If I go forward with these sections being underneath a flap then this would effectively create a space on the "top" of the flap as well which could be used productively. If on a pull out section, I would not have to worry about the aesthetics when the flap was closed, or if it doesn't cover enough of the page/doesn't look balanced etc
I have created circular images of my experience cooking the dish, which I feel look a lot better, and somehow more organic than square ones. However, the balance of colour between the background and the images is too clashing. I am tempted to have an illustrated image on the top of the circle and have it as a flap again creating something more interactive again. With the photo and instructions below.
I have used the image i created for the cover in the lower left corner to create some continuity but also to display the dish. Im not sure if this is effective.
In Photoshop this document is more purple, probably down to differences in web/print colour formats? However, I would like to make the purple less intense and more understated and organic/natural to reflect the front cover and also the notion of things being natural and good for you. I personally relate bright colours with "added colours" and E-numbers, so i imagine other parents would as well, which may put them off allowing children to cook the recipe. It doesn't reflect the rich and yet healthy nature of the cooked product either.
Here I've made a couple of changes, the image that was in lower left corner is now enlarged and raised, and I have also lowered the opacity in order to use it as a background for text. I have popped a drop shadow in under the title text in order to make it stand out better which i feel it does now.


No comments:
Post a Comment