Spread 1 concept... Getting closer:
I am starting to like this spread concept now. The colour pallet is more about shades and tones than in your face bold colours, which I feel is mature yet the underlying colour is still fun and appropriate for a child of 8 years or over. The images I intend to incorporate on the lifting/flap circles are a basic outline drawing that still reflects factual scale, and detail. There would be full colour photographs underneath the circles which could move in a range of ways such as, lifting, spinning, opening like a book... and digitally the circles could be touched to create a zoom, or a spatula could flip them etc. A sound could also be incorporated such as a bubbling, boiling, chopping or hissing of a pan for digital versions.
By using circular images i am creating an idiosyncratic appearance that has continuity throughout the spreads and cover. This reflects again the notion of things being ever-lasting, sustainable, and organic in addition to relating visually to the world as a whole. I still see circles as a things that implies a sense of looking in to or through something, which is appropriate in terms of exploring curiosity etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment